Spiced Parsnip Cake
Spiced Parsnip cake
200g spelt flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla powder
1 pinch clove
1 pinch salt
1 orange zest
160ml honey or maple syrup
160 rapeseed oil
200g cream cheese
1tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 orange juiced and zest
125g roasted, chopped hazelnuts
* Preheat the oven to 175C
* Line an 8-9 inch spring form tin with baking parchment.
* Mix together the flour, baking powder and spices.
* Peel and grate the parsnips and zest the orange.
* Beat the eggs until frothy, then add the maple syrup and oil, then beat again.
* Stir in the parsnips and orange zest then fold in the flour mixture.
* Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake on a middle shelf for 45mins
* To make icing, mix together the cream cheese, maple syrup and orange and spread over the finished, cooled cake.
* Sprinkle over the hazelnuts and it is ready to serve.