Easy White Bread Loaf
White Bread Loaf
500g Strong white bread flour
1tbsp vegetable oil
7g dried yeast
300ml warm water (body temp)
* Start by measuring out the flour and putting it into your mixer with a dough hook attachment.
* Add in the salt and yeast and mix to combine
* Add in the oil and water as the hook is turning.
* When the dough comes together into a ball, set a timer for 10 mins and leave the dough hook to knead the bread dough for you.
* When the timer goes off, take out the dough hook and cover the bowl for 30mins to rise in a warm place.
* After the 30mins, knock back the risen dough and give it a last knead. Form the dough into the shape you want your finished loaf to be then score the top with a sharp knife.
* Place on a baking sheet and allow it to rise for another 30-40mins depending on how warm your kitchen is.
* After your rising time is over place into a preheated oven at 220 degrees for 15mins.
* After 15mins turn down the oven to 180degrees and finish baking for 15mins.
* When your final timer goes off remove the loaf form the oven and give a gentle tap to the bottom. The loaf should sound hollow when it is cooked all the way through. If it doesn't, pop it back in the oven for 5 more mins then check again.
* When the loaf is cooked through, place on a wire rack to cool down.
I know its very tempting to cut into the loaf at this point, it will smell amazing, but RESIST the urge!! It will ruin your loaf to cut it at this stage.
Once cool cut and enjoy